so i realize i've been neglecting to update about lucy. i keep thinking "yea i'm going to get to it right after i finish the ten thousand other things i gotta do." i want to write this eloquent post about all her accomplishments but in reality it's just not happening. so before it gets away from me anymore i'm just going to document it here bullet point style.
the important point is that its getting documented, right?
- she's really come out of her shell lately. she yells and makes funny faces and runs around. when she's comfortable with her surroundings she's very much a different girl.
- with this new found personality she's also become even more independent. she wants to feed herself all the time. absolutely refuses to be fed by us and has to do everything herself. she uses utensils at dinner time. ate an entire bowl of spaghetti and meatballs by herself last night with a spork.
- after hearing from my friend that her friends daughter says 50 words we were curious about lucy's vocabulary so we counted one day and she's up to 50 words that she can say. its probably up to 60 or more now, everyday there's a handful of new words. and these are ones she says and knows what it means. it doesn't include all the other stuff that she understands but doesn't say. she constantly surprises me with what she understands.
- she's also wanting to climb up and down the stairs upright like us normal people. i still want her to scoot down on her butt or crawl up the stairs just because its safe and easier. but she seems determined to hold onto the railing and take it one step at a time.
- she watched her first disney movie last night "brave" ate popcorn and got about a quarter of the way through. pretty good attention span i feel for her age. she's definitely going to be more of an observer.
- we've been experimenting with different art mediums: crayons, markers, paints, chalk.
- she LOVES spaghetti and meatballs and pizza and ice cream.
- she has 6.5 teeth, still not very many
- she likes to read by herself more so then being read to. nate bought her a bible recently and she says "bible" and "jesus" got to get a recording of her saying jesus, it sounds pretty funny.
- she wants to feed her stuffed animals now. i don't know what this means but only that maybe she's starting to understand about emotions and feelings? in the mornings if you watch the monitor you will see her trying to shove her pacifier into her bunnys mouth.
- she smiles for the camera now or when you ask her to smile, this was a recent discovery. some things i just don't know where she picks it up from or even how? a perfect example of why a childs mind is truly amazing.
- when we tell her it's time to go to sleep, she gets up and proceeds up the stairs to bed by herself. the first time she did this nate and i looked at each other in surprise. too bad she can't climb into bed herself ha! we'll see how good she is about going to bed when she gets older.
- she wakes me up in the morning now with "mammy, maMMY, MAMMY!"
so there you go a few updates about lucy, and yea even with bullet points this still took me a few days.
|15mo in 2 days|