Monday, May 5, 2014

last ride of the season...breck

breck you have redeemed yourself in our eyes.  the new peak 6 was great!  our first time doing a hike to terrain, the views at the peak brought tears to my eyes.  it's one of those views that takes your breathe away and you feel exactly how small mankind is. 
the hike was not a long one but steep enough for my legs to get jelloey (is that a word?!).  i'm slightly afraid of heights, especially when i let my mind wander.  i wanted so much to look around and enjoy the views but every time i stopped and lifted my head to check my surroundings i felt like i was about to fall off the side of the mtn.  so head down one boot at a time up the mtn.  the pictures absolutely DOES NOT do the peak justice.  when we got to the top we took a few moments to celebrate then inched our way over to the drop.  looking down into the double black bowl i had my second thoughts, but quickly pushed that out of my mind and dropped over the edge.  i don't think i could do it again,  the ride down was great but i don't think i can do that hike again.  it felt like sheer drop offs on both sides.  i imagined myself tumbling down like a giant snowball.


here we go last ride of the season

this was my celebratory pic of the t-bar ride, much better this time!





nate taking a pic over the edge, ppl were walking along that ridge into the distance



i did stop and take a picture mid hike when i was freaking out a bit, so frightening yet so beautiful

so funny the top is flat as a pancake you'd think the top of a mtn would be pointy?

this is what you get when you ride the last week of the season




No comments:

Post a Comment